On Monday, Kylie Jenner and Kim Kardashian both shared stories with the caption, “Make Instagram Instagram Again.” I’m not trying to be TikTok as they just wish to see cute pictures of their friends.”
You may have noticed more Reels on your Instagram feed and less engagement on your posts over the last week. Instagram algorithm changes are clogging feeds with suggested videos instead of just showing you posts from accounts you follow.
On Tuesday morning, Instagram CEO Adam Mosseri released a video addressing UI changes the company has been testing.
The social platform is testing a full-screen feed rather than its original square feed, and it is also prioritizing video content as “more and more of Instagram will become video over time,” according to Mosseri.
While Instagram is testing these new design features, you can easily opt-out by changing your feed view to only see the accounts you want to see.
Here’s what you should do:
- Launch Instagram on your smartphone.
- In the upper left-hand corner, tap the “Instagram” logo.
- To see content from the accounts you follow, click “Following.”
- To further streamline your feed, make a list of “Favorite” accounts that you want to see.
- To see content from accounts you’ve favorited, click “Favorites.”
- Click the menu icon in the upper right-hand corner to update your “Favorites” list.
- Locate the profile of the account you want to “Favorite” and click “Add.”
- You’ll now see a feed of your “Favorite” accounts. If these accounts have an orange-red star in the upper right-hand corner of their post, you’ve labeled them as “Favorites.”
- To remove an account from “Favorites,” click the three-dot menu button in the upper right-hand corner of the post.
- “Remove from favorites” should be selected