Image credit : Apple Support
There are several reasons to alter your Apple ID, like losing your iPhone or forgetting your password and Apple ID. Maybe you want to keep your email address private, or maybe you just want to use a different email address. Whatever your motivations, here’s how to locate your Apple ID on your iPhone, modify it, and create a new one.
What Is an Apple ID?
The username you use to sign in to all of your Apple devices is called an Apple ID. It is required to use FaceTime, iCloud, and iMessage, among other Apple services and products.
Your Apple ID is also needed to download previous purchases, set up all of your subscriptions, utilize the Find My app to locate a missing Apple device, and more.
How to Find Your Apple ID
If you’ve forgotten your Apple ID, you can retrieve it by using the Settings app from your home screen on any of your Apple devices. Then, tap your name at the top of the page, and your Apple ID will be shown at the top of the following screen beneath your name.
You can also retrieve your Apple ID by visiting to ifforgot.apple.com and choosing look it up if you don’t have an Apple device. Your first and last names, as well as your email address, will be required.
How to Change Your Apple ID and Password
Open Settings and tap your name at the top of the screen to update your Apple ID. After selecting Sign Out, enter your password and decide whether or not to backup your data.
- Launch the Settings app. The gear-shaped icon on your home screen represents this.
- At the top of your screen, tap your name. The icon for Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes, and the App Store is this one.
- Sign out by selecting it at the bottom of the page.
- After entering your password, click Turn Off.
- Next, decide whether or not to make a backup. It will copy your data to iCloud if you decide to generate a backup.
- Next, select Sign Out. To confirm the action, tap Sign Out once more in the pop-up box.
- Then, return to the Settings app’s home page. The next step is to tap Sign in. Continue to the next stage if you wish to create a new Apple ID.
- Enter your new Apple ID and password, then press Next to continue.
How to Make a New Apple ID
Go to Settings and select Sign in to your iPhone if you are creating a new Apple ID or creating your first one. Then select Forgot or don’t have an Apple ID. To create an Apple ID, enter your information and adhere to the on-screen directions.
- Tap Sign in to your iPhone under Settings.
- After that, tap Forgot your Apple ID or don’t have one.
- Select Create Apple ID from the pop-up menu after that.
- Click Next after entering your name and birthdate.
- Afterward, type your email address. For a free iCloud email account that you can use as your Apple ID, you can hit Don’t have an email address.
- Enter a password next. Make sure you pick a password you can remember since this will serve as your Apple ID’s password.
- On the Terms and Conditions box, click Agree. To confirm, touch Agree once more on the pop-up menu.