Google Pixel updates became available to users from April 4 around noon for all Pixel devices. Additionally, the new update addresses nearly 40 security flaws. All these updates are available to Pixel 3a, Pixel 4, Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 5, Pixel 6, and Pixel 6 Pro owners. However, three issues are resolved explicitly in Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro smartphones. For the Pixel 6 series, the March updates appeared after two weeks. But, the April updates for the Pixel 6 series rolled out on the same day as other Pixel devices.
The April updates
Some of the Google Pixel updates April updates for all devices (Pixel 3a – Pixel 6 Pro) are listed below –
- Fix for crash in System User Interface while using apps in picture-in-picture mode in certain conditions.
- Update for an issue causing display of error with certain live wallpapers.
- Repair of issue regarding the disappearance of notification shade and Quick Settings when changing wallpaper in certain conditions.
- Fix for problem concerning animation appearing incorrectly (occasionally) when canceling a search in the app drawer.
- Repair for a problem regarding the disappearance of navigation from the overview screen (occasionally) when TalkBack is active.
- Update for issues concerning the “recent” option to disappear from the overview (occasionally) when using three-button navigation with third-party launchers.
The April updates specifically concerning Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro regarding battery charging and camera are –
- Improvements to wireless charging performance with certain accessories. (Google has not yet clarified which wireless chargers will benefit from the above fix.)
- Fix for the problem concerning the front-facing camera preview in certain apps to appear zoomed in.
- Fix for issues regarding the occasional appearance of a green screen in camera preview.
Lastly, Google Pixel stated that it will roll out the new Google Pixel updates for April “over the next week in phases depending on carrier and device.” Furthermore, customers will “receive a notification once the OTA becomes available for their device.”