With the ever-increasing price of fuel these days, saving even a little bit on gas makes people overjoyed. Hence, we need a reliable way to find the best gas prices near us. Fortunately, a hidden GPS app feature can help people save on gas money.
Furthermore, people driving to the same few places frequently don’t tend to require the use of the map app. But, they might use it to spot traffic and road closures or find a better, shorter route. Besides, traffic is terrible for fuel economy and frustrating too. And every time the driver brakes, it requires more power to move the car again. Therefore, burning precious fuel and reducing the miles per gallon. In addition, driving in traffic means more idle time and wear on brakes and engine components.
Moreover, people can easily open the navigation app and look at the current traffic. But, Apple Maps or Google Maps gives accurate traffic forecasts for future dates based on what the conditions usually are on that day and time. Thus, drivers can find the ideal time to get on the road.
Planning route in Apple Maps
Apple Maps enable drivers to set the time of their departure or arrival based on road and traffic conditions. Here’s how they can see traffic based on their departure time –
- Go to the Maps app and tap on the Search Maps field.
- Enter the destination and select it from the results.
- Click on Directions and then tap on Leaving Now.
- After that, click on Leave at and enter the date and time. Tap Done.
- Users will see the traffic, distance, and time of their trip.
- Then, users need to tap Go next to their desired route.
Similarly, drivers can also set their desired arrival time and determine the ideal time to leave –
- Open the Maps app and click on the Search Maps field.
- Type the destination and select it from the results.
- Tap on Directions and then Leaving Now.
- Click on Arrive by.
- Then, users need to type in the date and time and tap Done.
- Users will see the traffic, distance, and time of their trip and Leave by time after that.
- Click on Go next to the desired route.
Planning route in Google Maps
Like Apple Maps, users can also save time and gas money by planning routes in Google Maps. Additionally, the app analyzes predicted traffic, routes, and road conditions while users plan a future trip. Here’s how they can plan the arrival or departure time and date for a trip –
- Go to Google Maps and click on the Search here field.
- Type in the destination and select it from the results.
- Click on Directions and tap the three dots button on the right of the Your location field.
- Tap Set depart or arrival time.
- Then, select Depart at or Arrive by and enter a date and time. Tap Done.
- Users will get various route options and details about time and distance. Select one and tap Start.