Your phone’s operation and management are simple, but it is not possible to avoid sharing your contact numbers. Many spam calls are the biggest problem for cellular users. These calls usually come from telemarketing companies that want to sell you products or from your service provider to inform you about new offers or strangers who are trying to play pranks on customers. This is annoying. This becomes more annoying when calls are made to private numbers.
Note: Private numbers are numbers whose numbers are not displayed at the receiving end. You end up answering the phone thinking it is someone important.
You are here if you want to know how to block such calls. We have done extensive research to create a comprehensive guide to help you block calls from private numbers on your Android smartphone.
Steps to block calls from private number on Android
Method 1: Use your Call Settings
- From the home screen, launch the “Phone” app.
- From the list of choices, tap the “three-dotted” menu in the top right corner of your screen and choose “Settings.” Here, you may access your call preferences.
- From the menu, choose “Block numbers” or “Call blocking.”
- To avoid receiving calls from private numbers on your Android smartphone, touch on the switch next to “Block unknown/private numbers” in this section.
Method 2: Using your mobile settings
- On your Android phone, go to “Mobile settings” to access the “Call settings.” To ban Private numbers on a Samsung smartphone, follow these instructions:
- Choose the “Samsung applications” choice from the menu.
- Choose “Call settings” from the provided list by finding it and tapping on it. View your call preferences right here. Pick “Block numbers” from the menu provided by the men.
- To stop receiving calls from private numbers on your Android device, tap the option next to “Block unknown/private numbers.”