We tend to install the apps we like, but after a few months, we lose interest in them. For example, in the run-up to learning new languages, everyone downloads apps like Duolingo, but soon we begin to lose interest in learning, and then we longer use such apps. In this way, we accumulate a number of apps on our phones, leading to less storage space. Also, we get confused while searching for the desired apps due to the flooding of apps.
So, in this short article, I’ll go over some quick and easy steps to eliminate the apps you no longer use and make apps that you don’t frequently use a little more efficient.
How to Identify and Delete Apps You Don’t Use?
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap General.
- Tap iPhone Storage.
- A list of all the apps (including stock apps) on your iOS device will pop up in sequence of size, with the large apps listed on the top. Scroll down the list and look at the Last Used: date under the title of each app. If you see apps that you have not used in months, or it says Never Used, then you may consider uninstalling it – tap the app in the list.
- Two uninstall options will appear on the screen. Click on Offload App to unload the app but save any documents and data (these are reinstated if you later reinstall the app) or tap Delete App to uninstall the app and all the related data from your device.
- If you are prone to downloading a lot of apps that often remains unused, you may consider activating the iPhone Storage menu recommendation to Offload Unused Apps automatically when you are short of storage space. If you delete a purchased app but later decide that you want to use it (and it’s still available in the App Store) simply go through the steps below:
How to Reinstall Deleted Apps?
- Launch the App Store app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the Today tab if it isn’t selected already.
- Tap your circular profile photo at the top-right of the Today screen to access the account settings screen.
- Tap Purchased.
- In the “Purchased” screen, tap the Not on this iPhone/iPad tab.
- Scroll through the list of purchased apps to find the one you want to reinstate, and tap the cloud download icon next to it to re-download and install.