(Image credit- Yahoo News Singapore)
Here’s how to filter out all other threads and just view those from people you follow.
The social networking platform Threads has arrived, but if you’ve downloaded the app and are wondering why your feed is filled with posts from strangers, don’t worry. Since Threads’ inception, we’re here to show you how to use this fast hack to view Threads from individuals you follow first.
As we all know, Instagram’s new Twitter rival is called Threads. The newest social networking platform, developed by Meta, which also owns Facebook, allows you to post, share, and reply to messages in a maximum of 500 characters.
If you currently use Instagram, you will receive automatic followers when you join up for Threads.
However, users who downloaded the app when it was initially released earlier this week were in for a small surprise.
And the surprise is that Threads users were greeted with Threads from strangers instead of a feed of known faces. Although this tool is an outstanding way to find new accounts and content to follow, for some it felt like a party where only one or two people were well-known.
Unfortunately, unlike competitor Twitter, there is no way to restrict the people who appear on your Threads timeline to those you are following.
Although Meta has stated that they would roll out this feature soon, we now have a hack that will limit your alerts and threads to only those you follow.
How to customize your threads so that your followers are displayed first
For thorough information on each step, continue reading.
1. Open the Threads app and click on the profile; this is the icon in the bottom right corner that resembles a person.
2. To access Settings, tap the two lines in the top right corner of the screen.
3. Now tap on Notifications.
4. Click on Topics and Replies.
5. Select Threads and responses next.
6. Set the preferences to “From people you know”
7. Here, you can change a variety of options, such as those for Likes, Replies, Mentions, Reports, Quotes, and First Threads.
It should now only display posts from individuals you follow on Threads if you tap the Home symbol, which will return you to your feed. Simply repeat the process and choose ‘Everyone’ if you wish to change things back.