Microsoft’s Surface Pro is very well known for its phenomenal versatility and performance, but just like any other gadget, it can experience issues from time to time. One common problem faced by Surface Pro users is screen shaking and flickering. This can be really frustrating and can disrupt your work, making the device almost unusable. Fortunately, there are several effective solutions to address this problem and restore your Surface Pro to its optimal functionality.
Steps you can try to Fix the Screen Shaking and Flickering of Surface Pro:
- Restart your Surface Pro: This may seem like a simple solution but can be very effective in troubleshooting minor problems.
- Ensure your graphics driver is up to date: You may face screen flickering due to using an outdated or corrupt graphics driver. To rectify this, please visit the official website of your graphics card manufacturer and download the most recent driver update.
- Adjust the refresh rate of your display: This refers to the frequency at which your screen updates itself each second. Lowering the refresh rate can prove effective in solving the issue of screen flickering. To modify the refresh rate, please access the ‘Settings’ menu, proceed to ‘System,’ select ‘Display,’ navigate to ‘Advanced display settings,’ and then opt for a reduced refresh rate from the provided ‘Refresh rate’ dropdown menu.
- Reset your Device: Consider performing a factory reset on your Surface Pro as a final recourse. This procedure will revert your device to its original settings, albeit at the cost of permanently deleting all stored data.
- Disable hardware acceleration: You can deactivate hardware acceleration, a feature that utilizes your graphics card to enhance performance during tasks like video playback and gaming. To do so, navigate to Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings and uncheck the “Use hardware acceleration for graphic effects” option.
Here are some additional tips to help prevent screen shaking and flickering on your Surface Pro:
- Avoid using your Surface Pro in direct sunlight or other bright light sources.
- Make sure that your Surface Pro is properly ventilated.
- Do not use your Surface Pro for extended periods without taking a break.
- If you are experiencing screen flickering while playing games, try lowering the graphics settings.
By following these tips, you can help keep your Surface Pro’s display in good condition and prevent screen shaking and flickering.