Despite advancements throughout time, Windows PCs continue to face numerous problems, such as software glitches and app failures. Thankfully, restarting your Windows computer—with or without a keyboard—will rapidly resolve the majority of these problems. One typical operation that can help fix a variety of problems or just give your system a fresh start is restarting your Windows PC. You may know that you can restart by using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Alt + Delete, but what if your keyboard breaks or you have another preferred way?
Using simple instructions, we’ll show you how to restart your Windows PC both with and without a keyboard in this blog.
You may be able to restart a Windows PC in one of two methods. Even so, you’ll be shocked to see how many simple and practical ways there are to restart your Windows computer with this article. Let’s get going.
REBOOT THE Windows computer USING THE START MENU
Most of us find this the simplest method for restarting our computers. This is the method to follow:
- To open the Windows Start menu, click the Start icon.
- Choose “Update and restart” or “Restart” by clicking the power button in the lower right corner of the new window.
- To confirm, choose Restart now.
USE THE POWER USER MENU TO RESET COMPUTER USING A KEYBOARD
You may restart Windows using the keyboard by navigating to the Power User Menu rather than the Start menu. You’ll save time by using this strategy instead of having to click through them all
Your only task is to:
- To access the Power User Menu, simultaneously press the Win and X keys.
- Choose Restart (or “Update and restart”) by clicking “Shut down or sign out.”
USING THE KEYBOARD SHORTCUT TO RESTART A Windows PC
You may restart your Windows computer with keyboard shortcuts as well. thus greatly simplifying the procedure. Take these actions:
- Press the “Ctrl + Alt + Del” key combination.
- Select Restart by clicking the power button now.
TO SHORTTCUT KEYBOARD, PRESS ALT + F.
To restart your Windows computer, you can alternatively use a different keyboard shortcut.
- On your keyboard, hold down Alt + F4.
Advice: Try pressing “Fn + Alt + F4” if the key combination doesn’t work. select the alt-f4 key combination.
- Select Restart or Update and restart from the context menu and press the Enter key.
- Select “Update and restart,” then “OK.”
You can move through the options using the arrow keys and Enter if your mouse isn’t working.
THROUGH THE COMMAND PROMPT
A text-based user interface for interacting with the system is called Command Prompt. This option allows you to restart your computer without displaying the Start menu. You can restart your machine without updating by following these procedures as well. Here’s how to restart your Windows machine and open Command Prompt.
- Locate and open the Command Prompt by clicking on the Start button. Launch the command prompt 2.
- Enter the command below now and hit Enter.
shutdown /r Reminder: The /r stands for restart. Use /s to end the Windows session. To restart your computer, type the command.
- Click Close to confirm if prompted.
Your computer will restart on its own in a minute.
USE RUN TO RESTART COMPUTER
Run is an additional Windows application that allows you to interact directly with the operating system. Run is another tool you can use to restart your computer without updating.
- Select Run from the Start menu’s search bar and then Open Run.
- Enter shutdown /r now and press Enter or OK. Restart the device using run
- To confirm, click Done.
Your computer will restart in one minute from now.
FROM THE LOGIN OR LOCK SCREEN, REBOOT WINDOWS 11.
If there are several user accounts, you will get a login screen when the system boots up. You can change to different user accounts from here. From the login screen, you may also restart Windows without a keyboard.
You can still access the login screen by clicking the Start button, then your username, and finally choosing Sign out, even if you don’t have any multiple user accounts.
Select “sign out” after clicking your username.
Step 1: Click the Power button in the lower right corner of the lock screen.
Advice: Press any key on the keyboard, click the mouse, or swipe the trackpad if you can’t see the login screen.
Select “Power Menu.”
Step 2: Click on Restart now.
Windows users should all be able to restart their computers as it’s a basic ability. Now that you know how to properly restart your computer, you may use it regardless of how well or poorly your keyboard is functioning. When troubleshooting problems, restarting your computer, or even when your keyboard chooses to take a vacation, these several techniques can be useful.