Dryers use a lot of energy to operate, which is a waste of money given that they are being used for a task that may be completed for free.
While the alternative might not sound tempting, there are actually techniques to swiftly and efficiently dry your clothes without using a clothes dryer. These suggestions can ultimately help you save a significant amount on your energy bill, especially in light of the fact that energy prices are always rising. Here are the best ways to dry your clothing for free if you want to use your dryer less.
- Higher Spin Setting – First off, use the higher spin setting on your washing machine if it is available and your garments can withstand it. More water will be removed from your clothes by the spinner by increasing the spin speed towards the conclusion of the cycle when the spin setting is higher.
- Shake Out The Rest – Additionally, you should shake out the wrinkles before attempting to line dry your items. Creases effectively cause the material to bunch up, which makes drying take longer. While if the material is flat, it is exposed to the airflow the most.
- Utilize Sun – To hasten the drying process, dangle your clothing in the sunlight outside. The objects will be dried by the breeze, and any bacteria will be destroyed by the sun’s heat and rays.
You can brighten any grayed-whites for free by hanging your whites outside where the Sun will naturally bleach them as well.
- Break Out The Drying Rack – Make sure to buy in the drying rack model that best fits your space. A 3-tier upright design, like the Amazon Basics Foldable Laundry Rack ($23, Amazon), would be ideal if floor space is at a premium. While a winged design, like the SONGMICS Clothes Drying Rack ($85, Amazon), may be more appropriate if you’re dealing with heavier goods or a significant volume of clothes.
- Use Doors – Don’t forget about the other hangers you may have around your house if there isn’t enough room for a drying rack. Particularly open doorways can serve as excellent temporary bed sheet drying racks. Let the excess hang off the end and simply drape them over the top. Prior to performing this for the first time, make sure the tops of the doors are clean.