Image credit : appsntips
Exploring the topic of digital data retrieval, this guide delves into the intriguing world of iPhone messaging. Discover how to uncover deleted messages on your iPhone using various methods and gain insights into the possibilities of data recovery in the digital age.
How to See Deleted Messages on iPhone?
Recovering deleted messages on an iPhone can be challenging, but it is possible in some cases. Here are some methods you can try:
Check the Recently Deleted Folder
- Open the Messages app.
- Tap on “Mailboxes” in the upper-left corner.
- Select “Trash” or “Recently Deleted” (the name may vary depending on your iOS version).
- Find and tap on the conversation you want to recover.
- Tap “Edit” in the upper-right corner and then select the conversation.
- Tap “Move” at the bottom and choose a location to move the conversation back into.
Restore from iCloud/iTunes Backup
If you regularly back up your iPhone using iCloud or iTunes, you can restore your device from a backup.
- Go to “Settings” > “General” > “Reset.”
- Choose “Erase All Content and Settings” (make sure you have a backup before doing this).
- After the reset, set up your iPhone and select “Restore from iCloud Backup” or “Restore from iTunes Backup,” depending on your backup method.
- Choose a relevant backup that contains the deleted messages.
Use a Data Recovery Tool
There are third-party data recovery tools available that can help you recover deleted messages from your iPhone. These tools work by scanning your device for deleted data. Examples include Dr.Fone, PhoneRescue, and iMobie PhoneRescue.
Install one of these tools on your computer, connect your iPhone, and follow the on-screen instructions to scan for and recover deleted messages.
Contact Your Service Provider
In some cases, your wireless service provider might store SMS messages for a limited time. Contact your provider to check if they can assist in recovering deleted messages.
Check Other Messaging Apps
If you use other messaging apps like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, or iMessage, deleted messages may be recoverable from within those apps. Each app has its own process for message recovery.
The success of message recovery depends on various factors, including how long ago the messages were deleted, whether you have backups, and the specific circumstances of their deletion.
Be cautious when using third-party data recovery tools, as they may have limitations and may not always be effective.
Remember that there is no guaranteed method to recover deleted messages on an iPhone, especially if they have been permanently erased or overwritten. It’s crucial to regularly back up your device to prevent data loss in the first place.