Image credit : TECH SYNERGIST
If you find the keyboard vibrations on your Android device distracting or unnecessary, you can easily turn them off. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to disable keyboard vibration, whether you’re using the default keyboard or a third-party keyboard app.
To turn off the vibration on your Android keypad, you can follow these steps:
Method 1: Using System Settings
- Go to your device’s “Settings” app.
- Scroll down and tap on “Sound and vibration.”
- Under the “Vibration” section, toggle off the option for “Vibrate on touch.”
- Exit the Settings app and continue with normal use of your device.
Method 2: Using Keyboard Settings (e.g., Gboard)
If you’re using a specific keyboard app like Gboard, you can disable keyboard vibration within the app’s settings:
- Open an app where you can use the keyboard (e.g., Messages, WhatsApp).
- Tap on the text input field to open the keyboard.
- Tap and hold the comma (,) key or the gear/settings icon on the keyboard. This will open the keyboard settings.
- Tap on “Preferences” or “Settings.”
- Look for the “Vibrate on keypress” option and turn it off.
Please note that the names of options and their locations may vary depending on your Android version and the keyboard app you’re using. If you’re unable to find the option to disable keyboard vibration, you can try searching within the keyboard app’s settings or consult the app’s help documentation.
Keep in mind that some keyboard apps may have additional vibration settings, so explore the settings to customize your keyboard experience to your preference.