The use of Verizon Smart Family Parental Controls with your Verizon account is described in this article. Verizon parental controls allow you to monitor your family members’ whereabouts and the apps and material your kids use, as well as when they use them, for a nominal monthly charge.
How to Use Verizon Smart Family Parental Controls?
It is simple to enable Verizon parental controls on your account by first registering for the service and then adjusting each feature that corresponds to your purchasing level.
- Go to the Verizon Smart Family page after logging into your Verizon account to activate the program. Choose Grab it right now from the page’s header image.
- Enter your phone number in the text field and hit Submit to get the app for customizing and tracking the service. Alternatively, you can get the Google Smart Family app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Select the plan you want to join on the app, accept the terms of the Consent Agreement, and then pick the lines you wish to administer. Give each line a name so you can identify which family member it belongs to.
- Every family member will have their own screen once you are linked. To view their page, tap the first letter of their name at the top of the screen.
- Installing the Smart Family Companion app from Google Play or the Apple Store is required in order to observe web and app activities. With the help of this program, you may view far more precise information about what your child is doing on their phone.
- You can view a map of their current location at the top of each page. A bar graph showing the volume of phone calls and web and app activity is located in the center. The controls to manage all of the Verizon parental controls are located at the bottom.
- To monitor your child’s whereabouts and receive location-based notifications, select Location Alerts.
- To receive notifications when your child enters or exits a designated area, tap Places & Alerts.
- You must install the Smart Family companion app on your child’s phone in order to use the Places & alerts feature.
- To have an automated check-in at a specific time of day, select Scheduled Alert. Then, select Add an Alert and customize the alert information using the available configuration choices.
- To set limits on screen time, data consumption, purchases, messages, and calls, navigate to the Limits menu from the main screen. Set a sleep or school schedule by tapping Time Restrictions to stop your kids from using their phones when they should not.
- To set a data consumption cap, tap Data Target.
Additional boundaries to establish: To establish a monthly purchase restriction for your Verizon account, tap the Purchase Limit. To set a monthly restriction on the total number of texts your child may send, select Text Limit. Tset a monthly call minute restriction, tap the Call limit.
To manage the communications on your child’s phone,
- Select Contacts from the home screen. To add numbers to a list that you do not want your kids to ever contact, tap Blocked contacts.
- To set numbers your child can reach at any time by phone or text, tap Trusted Contacts.
- To get a list of the phone numbers that are most often contacted, tap Top Contacts.
Manage Your Family and Personalize Notifications
- In the Settings section, you may customize your notifications and manage the permissions of family members. Tap the gear icon in the top right corner of the main screen to enter the settings.
- First, tap Family options. Then, add family rights to a phone number.
- Select the phone number that you like to personalize. Examine the number’s family “role” (child/parent), change the name, or select Location sharing to give parents or all family members access to that line’s location data. Conversely, disable location sharing.
- Select the child you wish to personalize notifications for by tapping Notifications from the Settings menu.
- You can choose to allow or disable email or mobile notifications for any of the following actions on the Notifications settings screen.
- Enters a fresh contact
- Contacts a watchlist number
- Utilizes their phone at night and during school hours
- Dials 911
Additionally, you have the option to enable or disable the feature that sends you a weekly email report detailing every activity your child does on their phone.