How to Clean Your Phone the Right Way, According to Experts (Image credit- Good Housekeeping)
According to experts, thoroughly cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing your phone can help prevent the spread of bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens.
Additionally, your device will look fantastic and perform at its peak. Here are some cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting tips for your phone’s screen as well as some advice on how not to clean your electronic gadget.
Washing your hands thoroughly before using your phone, tablet, or other digital gadget is the best way to keep them clean. To maintain your device as germ-free as possible, make it a habit to wash your hands before handling it.
Cleaning Your Phone: How to Do It
Turn off your phone, unplug it from a charger, or take it off a wireless charging pad before beginning any cleaning procedures. By doing this, you can see how dirty the screen is and avoid mistakenly making a call or starting an app.
Microfiber cloth serves as your first line of defense. Given that these clothes are frequently included with purchases of screen protectors, sunglasses, or regular glasses, you probably already have a few of them around. If you don’t already have one, you can buy these clothes in nearby stores. Here’s how to clean your phone effectively with a microfiber cloth.
- Never clean your phone with undiluted alcohol, bleach, ammonia, abrasive powders, or other harsh chemicals. Continue reading for a longer, more detailed list.
- Put the microfiber cloth on the phone’s display and repeatedly move it lightly in either a horizontal or vertical direction.
- If there is stubborn dirt or sticky residue, moisten a corner of the microfiber cloth with some water (only water) and gently rub the affected area of the phone screen until the residue is removed.
- To remove any extra moisture from the screen, use a dry, clean corner of the cloth (or a different microfiber cloth).
- If you don’t have a microfiber cloth, use a sticky note or a piece of adhesive tape instead. To get rid of grime and dirt, stick the tape to the screen’s surface and gently pull it off. To thoroughly wipe the entire screen, carefully repeat as necessary.
Utilize a cleaning cloth
An easy way to clean your phone’s screen while you’re on the go is with pre-moistened cleaning wipes. There are many brands that are practical to carry in a travel bag, car, or office desk, such iCloth and Well-Kept.
Also read: How to properly clean a Nintendo Switch
There are a few simple methods for cleaning your phone. Make a safe disinfecting solution with distilled water, white vinegar, or isopropyl alcohol, or use specialized wipes or solutions.
Cleaning, according to the CDC, entails getting rid of pollutants like dirt and germs. While disinfecting refers to killing nearly all germs on surfaces or objects, sanitizing refers to bringing the number of germs on a surface down to a safe level.