Image credit : Lifewire
With iOS 17, a new feature called iPhone Live Voicemail will help with the rising issue of spam calls and allow you to choose whether or not to take calls from people you do know. Learn how to use and turn on/off iPhone Live Voicemail by reading on.
Since carriers do not block 100% of spam calls on iPhone, it is likely that some may get through to iPhone Live Voicemail. Fortunately, the feature includes a block button so you can quickly deal with those.
“Live Voicemail gives users the ability to see real-time transcription as someone leaves a voicemail, and the opportunity to pick up while the caller is leaving their message. Calls identified as spam by carriers won’t appear as Live Voicemail, and will instead be instantly declined. With the power of the Neural Engine, Live Voicemail transcription is handled on-device and remains entirely private.”
How to turn off/on iPhone Live Voicemail and how it works
Follow the below steps to disactivate live voicemail:
- With iOS 17, iPhone Live Voicemail is activated by default.
- To disable it, go to Settings > Phone > Live Voicemail.
- In the Dynamic Island or at the top of your iPhone, you’ll see the phone and recording icon when you receive a call and hang up or send it to voicemail.
- To access the Live Voicemail transcription, tap the phone icon.
- The caller can now be blocked, answered, or you can let them complete leaving a voicemail.
- You can also swipe up from the bottom to leave a Live Voicemail at any moment.