Virtual Private Network does not reveal your IP address while you are using the internet by data encryption via secure networks to servers.
The VPN devices are easy to use and beneficial in many ways like watching OTT platform content or sharing sensitive information more securely. It keeps you invisible from the government, hackers, etc. Businesses can benefit a great deal from VPNs as they work remotely.
Virtual private networks are a better option to keep ourselves safe than using a public network. I am sure you are aware of the recent Optus data breach that has put millions of Australians’ privacy at stake making it imperative to use a VPN.
Pointers on the importance of VPN
- ISP can see your browsing activity by checking the data as it can be accessed by your internet service providers. With personal WiFi, your IP is not seen by the ISP as the data can be breached and sold to the companies even in incognito mode.
- Using public WiFi is a convenient and cheaper option but comes with a cost, your privacy is compromised. But with a VPN, your history, sensitive information, financial details, and passwords are not tracked unlike public WiFi, anyone can track your online activities.
- With ISP, the apps and services that you use know you very well, FB has been charged with collecting its user’s data. A VPN limits the storage of your area and browser data by restricting access to the apps and systems that you are using.
- You can view anything at any place by imitating your actual location to a different one. If a particular program is not available in a country, you can still watch it with a VPN by providing an amicable environment on restricted content.
- VPN can be used with several devices like laptops, phones, tablets, etc. Most of the VPNs are loaded with protection plans even though they may have different prices for different devices. Some providers give protection to multiple devices with their plans which may cost a little more but it is worth it.