Photo Credit: Argos
You’ll need to know how to execute a reset if you want to sell your Philips Hue smart lights or diagnose a problem. Fortunately, this task is incredibly easy and shouldn’t take longer than 10 minutes. Here’s what you need to know and how to reset a product on your own or with the help of a Hue Bridge.
Resetting a Philips Hue light bulb
Keep in mind that Philips Hue is unique from Philips Wiz and that these directions only apply to Hue. Here’s how to reset your Philips Hue light bulb.
Photo Credit: Rolling Stone
- Open the Philips Hue app on your smartphone in step 1.
- At the bottom of the screen, click the Settings tab.
- Choose the Lights menu.
- Decide which lightbulb to reset.
- Click Delete at the bottom of the page, and then click Delete light to confirm. Now that the light is unpaired, it can be reconnected wherever it is required.
- The “+” button is located in the top-right corner.
- To locate the newly removed bulb, choose Search. This process could take some time. If the app cannot locate the bulb, you may need to have the serial number printed on the bulb’s side and enter it manually.
- Once located, give the lightbulb a name and an icon. Click Done.
- Drag the new light’s symbol into the room where you want it to be, then click Done.
Without a Bridge, how do you reset a Philips Hue bulb?
A Bridge accessory is used by Philips Hue lamps to communicate. It is still feasible to reset the bulbs on their own even if your Bridge is damaged or absent for any other reason. The majority of Hue lamps come equipped with Bluetooth, which they may use to connect to mobile devices. To reset your bulb without a Bridge, follow these steps.
Also Read: There are rumors of new Philips Hue Aurelle and Surimu smart lights
- First, five times on and off the power supply to the lightbulb. This action ought to put it back into pairing mode.
- Download the Hue Bluetooth app in step two.
- Follow the pairing procedure in step three.
- You might need to purchase a Hue Dimmer Switch if turning off the bulb’s electricity doesn’t put it in pairing mode. By placing the switch close to a light with it, you can reset it.
- 10 cm should separate the Dimmer Switch from the lightbulb.
- Hold down the I and O buttons at the same time for 10 seconds.
- To show that the dimmer switch has been reset, both the LED and the bulb should flash. Starting at step 6 above, you can now continue to add the bulb to your system.
Check out our detailed installation guide and instructions on using Philips Hue lights with geofencing for additional information on how to set up your Hue lights.