Image credit : Cras.net
As we have reported recently that WhatsApp Channels feature may soon be accessible to everyone. With the launch of this important feature, WhatsApp is planning to compete with Telegram, which already has the availability of this feature. This guide will walk you through how you can join or create WhatsApp channels. Also, we will discuss the ways to share WhatsApp Channels.
How to Join a Channel on WhatsApp
If you have performed an update on your WhatsApp you can see the Channel option below the Status tab. Follow the below steps to join the Channel.
- Tap on WhatsApp icon to open it and navigate to the Updates tab.
- Here, you can see the Find Channels section at the bottom of the screen. Tap on it.
- Then you can get a list of all channels available to follow on WhatsApp. Then tap the Plus icon next to each channel to join the channel you wish to follow. Alternatively, you can manually search for the channel of your choice by tapping on the search icon towards the upper right side of the screen.
- Tapping the Plus icon, you can see a list of celebrities and channels followed. Just tap on the channel to follow their updates.
How to Unfollow a WhatsApp Channel
To cease receiving updates from someone and eliminate a WhatsApp Channel from your Updates feed, you need to unfollow it. If you’re unsure how to do this, here are the steps:
- Open the Updates section within your WhatsApp app.
- You will find a list of the channels you’ve followed and added. Select any of them.
- In the top right corner, you’ll see a vertical three-dot icon. Tap on it and choose Unfollow.
- Following that, a confirmation pop-up window will appear. Tap Unfollow once more, and you’ve effectively removed or deleted a WhatsApp Channel.
How To Bulk Unfollow WhatsApp Channels
If you have added too many channels and now you want to declutter your screen by unfollowing them, then unfollowing them one-by-one can be very time consuming so bulk unfollow is a good option. Here’s how you can do it with a simple trick:
- Navigate to the Updates section on WhatsApp, tap on the “See all” button which lies next to the Find channels tab.
- You will see an entire list of Channels here. Now search manually for the Channels you have followed or find them from the list.
- Then select the tick icon lying next to each of these Channels.
- Next, tap “Unfollow“ which follows a confirmation pop-up window
How to Share WhatsApp Channels with Others
Using WhatsApp Channels feature you can share the channel to your friends and family. So here’s a rundown of how you can share WhatsApp Channels:
- Navigate to the WhatsApp Channels section and tap the desired Channel’s page.
- Here, head over to the vertical three-dot icon at the upper right side and select Channel info from the settings.
- Then you will find the option to Forward or Share the specific WhatsApp Channel.
The ‘Forward’ feature permits you to immediately distribute the Channel link within WhatsApp, while the ‘Share’ button enables you to disseminate it through any app you prefer to use, to a wider audience. When using the Share button, you can also copy the Channel link and share it anywhere with anyone you choose.
How to Create a Channel on WhatsApp
Follow the below steps to create your own channel on WhatsApp:
- Open WhatsApp Web, and go to Channels by clicking the Channels icon
- Click + icon to Create channel.
- Click Continue and continue through the onscreen prompts.
- Add a channel name to finish creating your channel. You can choose to change the name again at any time.
- Customize your channel: You can choose to customize your channel now by adding a description and icon or wait until later.
- Add a channel description: Write a few words to help potential followers understand what your channel is about.
- Add a channel icon: Add an image from your phone or the web to stand out.
Click Create channel, and you’re done!