The WiPhone hackers phone is an open source mobile phone which allows HD voice calls, for free, over WiFi. It is hack-able, modular, cheap, and convenient. WiPhone gives you the simple calling experience of an insignificant phone and the adaptability of the Arduino platform. It practices WIFI to make HD voice calls, for free. This indicates that there is no required service contract and it’s free yours for life.
This marvelous phone is built for hacking, not for some big corporation’s bottom line – complete disassembly in less than a minute, using only four screws. The operating system firmware is free and manageable enough to be understood entirely by one motivated personality.
WiPhone is totally different from others. WiPhone uses the existent WiFi around you to make HD Voice calls. For free. Buy it once, and it’s completely yours.
Works on the most broadband WiFi networks. No contract needed, and you can even upgrade the open source firmware or expand the hardware
It comes in two STYLE:
• Basic Edition
• WiPhone Pro
VoIP (WiFi) Phone
• 2.4” screen (320 x 240)
• 802.11 b/g/n WiFi
• micro USB charging, serial transmission, and firmware updates
• 3.5mm audio jack
• Internal micro-SD slot
• Size: 120mm x 50mm x 12mm
• Weight: 80g
• 700 mAh Battery, 8 hours talk/1 week standby time (estimated)
• 25 buttons keypad, four reserved for the user, all keys are user programmable
• Espressif ESP32 based system, programmable in Arduino
• Micro-Python for user applications
• 20 programmable pin header on the back of the phone
This hackers phone is expandable through daughter boards. The entire back of the phone is a replaceable panel that accepts a standard 1.6mm thickness PCB, which you can do whatever functionality you like.