Gadgetany takes Intellectual Property (“IP”) rights very seriously. This article sets forth how Gadgetany resolves IP disputes for content on our platform (i.e., the Services).
Important Note: Gadgetany does not provide any legal advice on these issues, and this article does not cover legal advice. We recommend you to consult with an attorney before submitting any notice of the alleged infringement to us, such as a demand letter, a copyright takedown request, or if you have any questions about IP rights.
Copyright Infringement Notice
Suppose you find someone violating your copyrighted material on the Gadgetany platform
under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”). In that case, you can contact us and send us a take-down notice for that content. Before you send us a copyright takedown notice, be sure that it includes all the elements listed below, or your complaint will not be considered to be complete. We don’t take action on incomplete DMCA notices.
Your complaint must include the following elements:
1. A physical or electronic signature (typing your full name will be enough) of a person entitled to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed (“Complainant”);
2. Identification of the copyrighted work or content claimed to have been infringed (e.g., a link to your original work), or, if multiple infringed works at a single online website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that website;
3. Identification of the content that is claimed to be violating or to be the subject of violating activity and that is to be taken down or access to which is to be disabled, and information fairly sufficient to allow Gadgetany to locate the material (e.g., a link to your original work);
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit Gadgetany to contact the Complainant, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the Complainant is approachable.
5. A statement or declaration that the Complainant has a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement or declaration that the information in the notification is accurate and under the penalty of perjury that the Complainant is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly violated.
If you are reporting a comment’s content, kindly share a screenshot with us or specify where the alleged infringement lies. A LINK TO A PROFILE PAGE IS INSUFFICIENT FOR Gadgetany TO IDENTIFY INFRINGING MATERIALS.