image credit – joplinglobe.com
Most Blink cameras have Activity Zones, but only a few of them have Privacy Zones. The Outdoor 4, the Wired Floodlight, and the Video Doorbell are on the shortlist. Privacy Zones are grayed-out places that don’t record anything at all. This is different from Activity Zones, which don’t send out motion alerts but still record.
It’s useful, especially if you live close to a neighbor and want to respect their privacy. Here’s how to set up Privacy Zones in Blink cameras.
How to set up Privacy Zones on Blink cameras
Keep in mind that you can’t set up Privacy Zones on all Blink cameras. You might want to use Activity Zones instead if that’s the case. They’re not exactly the same, but they’ll help stop alerts that you don’t want. Follow these steps to set up Privacy Zones and find out if your camera can use them.
- Install the Blink app on your mobile device.
- Go to the camera’s Settings menu if you want to change something.
- Go to the Motion Settings menu and choose Motion Zones from there.
- If your gadget can handle Privacy Zones, you will see another menu called Privacy Zones. Select this to start the process of setting up.
- You should now see a picture that shows what your camera is recording at the moment.
- Tap this screen to make a big square over the part of the picture you don’t want to be saved. The part that won’t be recorded will be covered by a big gray square on your screen.
- You can set up up to two Privacy Zones.
- If you make a mistake, you can delete any Privacy Zones you’ve made by clicking the Reset Privacy Zones button.
- Clicking on the sides of a Privacy Zone lets you move it or change its size.
- When you’re satisfied with the plan, choose Done > Save.
- All done! Now, your Privacy Zones are set up. There won’t be any record of movement in the zones.
- If you decide you don’t like the Privacy Zones and want to get rid of them, you can go back to the Settings menu and choose Reset Privacy Zones.