How to Clean Your Nintendo Switch’s Screen. (Image credit- Lifewire)
All contemporary hardware, including the Nintendo Switch, has an issue with the accumulation of dirt and grime. If neglected, it may cause overheating and component failure.
In contrast to the Nintendo DS, some titles on the Switch also make use of the touchscreen, but you’ll have to use your hands because there is no official stylus support.
The hybrid system from Nintendo is at least simpler to maintain than the PS5 and Xbox Series X. A screen protector and a carrying case will stop scratches and grime accumulation if you prefer handheld play to dock.
Make sure it has compartments for cartridges as well. Nintendo previously provided formal cleaning instructions for consoles, but worry not.
Cleaning your Nintendo Switch regularly is important to ensure that it continues to function properly and looks good. Here are the steps to properly clean your Nintendo Switch:
- Turn off your Nintendo Switch and unplug all cables.
- Use a dry, soft, and clean microfiber cloth to wipe the surface of the Nintendo Switch. This will remove any dust, fingerprints, or smudges on the surface.
- If there are any stubborn smudges or stains, you can dampen the microfiber cloth with a small amount of water or rubbing alcohol. Be sure to wring out any excess liquid before wiping the Nintendo Switch.
- Use a soft-bristled brush, such as a toothbrush, to gently clean any crevices or hard-to-reach areas on the Nintendo Switch, such as around the buttons or in the speaker grilles.
- To clean the Joy-Con controllers, use a dry microfiber cloth to wipe the surface. You can also use a soft-bristled brush to clean any crevices or hard-to-reach areas. If there are any stubborn stains or marks, you can use a small amount of rubbing alcohol on a microfiber cloth to wipe the surface.
- For the screen, use a microfiber cloth to gently wipe the surface. Avoid using any harsh chemicals or abrasive materials that may scratch the screen. If there are any stubborn stains, you can use a small amount of water or rubbing alcohol on a microfiber cloth to wipe the screen.
- Finally, let your Nintendo Switch air dry before using it again. Do not use a hairdryer or any other heat source to dry it.
By following these steps, you can keep your Nintendo Switch looking and functioning like new.
It is advised that the secret to long-term console maintenance is prevention. Being a hybrid device, Nintendo Switch’s maintenance is more distinctive than that of its competitors. You must take into account the touchscreen, detachable Joy-Con, portable play, and the Switch Dock if you prefer to play on your TV.
Also read: Easiest Way To Factory Reset Windows 10, Step-By-Step
Also, never just throw your console into your luggage when playing in handheld mode; instead, keep it secure through a travel case. Switch cartridges are tiny and very simple to lose, so invest in a decent one with cartridge cases built into it. If you prefer docked play instead, make room for it on your countertop or TV cabinet; this will prevent dust from accumulating.