Wirelessly stream videos and photos to Apple TV or a smart TV from iPhone. (Image credit- Apple Support)
To stream movies to a TV using AirPlay, you will need the following:
- An Apple TV (4th generation or later) or a compatible smart TV with AirPlay 2 support.
- An iOS device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch) or a Mac running macOS Mojave (10.14) or later.
- The movie or video content you want to stream.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Make sure your iOS device or Mac and your Apple TV or compatible smart TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your iOS device or Mac, open the app that contains the movie or video content you want to stream.
- Look for the AirPlay icon in the app (it looks like a rectangle with an upward-pointing triangle). If you can’t find it, check the app’s documentation to see if it supports AirPlay.
- Tap or click the AirPlay icon and select your Apple TV or compatible smart TV from the list of available devices.
- If prompted, enter the AirPlay code that appears on your TV screen.
- Start playing the movie or video content on your iOS device or Mac.
- The content should now be streaming to your TV via AirPlay. Use your iOS device or Mac to control playback (e.g., pause, rewind, or fast-forward).
That’s it! You should now be able to enjoy your movie or video content on the big screen.
Also read: How to Wirelessly Attach an iPhone to a Projector