OnePlus functions on OxygenOS 12, and it has added some outstanding new features in its latest update. One of these features is the screen recording in one plus phones. The screen recording shortcut in the Quick Settings menu. Screen recording is an excellent function that enables users to capture what’s happening on their screens. Consequently, these recordings are saved in the local storage for future playback. Moreover, being able to add a screen recording shortcut to the Quick Settings menu is the cherry on the top.
How to record a screen
- Swipe down twice to fully expand the Quick Settings menu on your OnePlus device.
- Select the screen recording option. Tap on ‘Agree and continue’ if you are doing it for the first time. Also, give the feature access to your photos, videos, calls, and audio.
- A small bubble will appear on display with a record button, settings cog, and exit button. (Users can move the bubble by dragging.)
- Click the record button to start recording.
- To stop the recording, tap the bubble again to expand it.
- Once it expands, click on the red square button to stop the recording. (You can also select the pause icon if you want to pause the recording for a while.)
The recording gets saved in your local videos. Also, note that the bubble will not appear in any recordings. Isn’t it relatively easy? Now let’s see how to add the screen recording shortcut in Quick Settings.
Creating screen recording shortcut
Adding the feature’s shortcut to Quick Settings is an easy way to start recording screens quickly and efficiently. Additionally, the Quick Settings menu is available on almost all Android devices. It lets users access specific tools or change settings from the dropdown notification shade. All you have to do is swipe down twice on your home screen to access Quick Settings.
The screen recording shortcut should, by default, be present in the active Quick Settings menu. However, if it is absent from there, find it in the inactive menu. Then, long-tap its icon and drag it to the active menu wherever you want. Easy peasy!
Changing the screen recording settings
Users must adjust the screen recording settings before recording. These settings are pretty versatile on OnePlus. Tap on the icon from the Quick Settings menu to begin. A new menu pops up displaying various settings you can manipulate according to your requirement. For example, you can adjust the recording sound, frame rate, frame quality, screen touches, format, and different camera angles.
Furthermore, there are two sound options to select from – system and external sound. Additionally, you can adjust the picture quality from 480p to 1080p. Although note that higher-quality recording will consume more space on your storage. The frame rate is also changeable, including – 15, 24, 30, and 60 fps. Lastly, users can highlight screen touches in a video so viewers can see where they are tapping.