Image credit : Adobe Stock
You most likely won’t be able to hear your Amazon Echo in another room, regardless of the type you have. This guide will show you how to link Alexa to Bluetooth speakers or even Bluetooth headphones if you don’t want to keep your music to one space.
Make sure to complete these steps before pairing your Echo device with Bluetooth speakers:
1. Place your Bluetooth speakers and Echo at least three feet away.
2. For pairing mode, remember to switch on the Bluetooth speakers.
3. Unpair the Bluetooth device you wish to use with Alexa. If a device is already connected to another device, your device might not be able to detect it.
How to Connect Alexa to Bluetooth Speakers?
Following the previous steps, follow these to connect Alexa to your Bluetooth speakers:
- Open the Alexa app, then select Devices. This is the icon in the bottom right corner of your screen that resembles a house.
- Choose the Echo you want to associate from the Devices menu.
- In the following menu, select Bluetooth Devices.
- Click on Pair a New Device. Following that, a selection of devices that you can couple will be displayed to you. Check the device to see if there is a model number if you are unsure of what your device is called in the Bluetooth menu.
Decide which Bluetooth speakers to use. Congratulations, you may now hear Alexa or play music through your Bluetooth speaker using the Echo Dot.
Simply say “connect my speaker” the next time Alexa is turned on and you discover that your Bluetooth speakers are no longer connected. The last device that was plugged into your Echo device will automatically pair with Alexa.
Amazon Echo devices are speakers that enable Alexa interaction by nature. Some types can be connected to Bluetooth speakers, as we have already mentioned, to increase their power.
Also Read: What Is Alexa Together And How To Use It?
Can I Use Alexa as a Bluetooth Speaker?
However, the answer is yes if you’re wondering whether Alexa devices themselves may be used as Bluetooth speakers. The following describes how to utilize Alexa as Bluetooth speakers:
1. Verify that your PC or mobile device has Bluetooth turned on.
2. Tell Alexa to activate Bluetooth. This instruction activates the pairing mode.
3. Open Bluetooth on your computer or smartphone by going to the settings menu. Select Alexa when it appears in the list of devices that you can pair. If there was a successful pairing, Alexa will inform you.
You can begin using your Alexa as a wireless speaker once it has been successfully associated with your computer or phone over Bluetooth.